Learn & Practice Accenture Placement Questions
Key for the Accenture Placement Questions
1. If you look ___ the window you can see the traffic moving ______ the road ___ afast pace
A. at, across, in
B. through, along, at
C. over, across, at
D. at, along, in
2. Sheela ran blindly_ the road and was nearly knocked _______ _____ a lorry.
A. at, out, in
B. across, along, at
C. through, across, at
D. across, down, by
3. A bone got stuck in his gullet
4.It is a scandal that the murderer was declared innocent
B. Disgraceful action
D. Silly notion
5. The police need tangible proof of his guilt before they can act against him.
C. Clear and certain
6. What _____ strange name to give ____ cat
D. the, an
7. Let A and B be two solid spheres such that the surface area of B is 300% higher than the surface area of A. The volume of A is found to be k% lower than the volume of B. The value of k must be
A. 85.5 B. 92.5 C. 90.5 D. 87.5
8. if the ratio of work done by (x-1) men in (x+1)days to the work done by (x+2)men in (x-1)days is 9:10, then x is equal to
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8
9. The amount of water (in ml) that should be added to reduce 9 ml lotion, containing 50% alcohol, to a lotion containing 30% alcohol, is:
A. 5 ml B. 4 ml C. 3 ml D. 6 ml
10. The average age of 8 persons in a committee is increased by 2 years when two men aged 35 years and 45 years are substituted by two women. The average age of these two women is:
A. 52 years B. 56 years C. 48 years D. 44 years
11. A mixture of 40 liters of milk and water contains 10% water. How much water should be added to this so that water may be 20% in the new mixture?
A. 6.5 liters B. 5 liters C. 4 liters D. 7.5 liters
12. If the price of gold increases by 30%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
A. 30% B. 23 1/3 % C. 20% D. 19%
13. A box contains 5 brown and 4 white socks. A man takes out two socks. The probability that they are of the same color is:
A. 5/18 B. 1/6 C. 5/108 D. 4/9
14. If Table is called Chair, Chair is called Cot, Cot is called Pot and Pot is called Filter, where does a person sit.
A. Pot B. Cot C. Chair D. Filter
15. Pointing to a photograph Arun said, ‘she is the mother of my brother’s son’s wife’s daughter.’ How is Arun related to the lady?
A. Uncle B. Daughter-in-law C. Cousin D. None of these
16. I am facing west. I turn 45° in the clockwise direction and then 180° in same direction and then 270° anticlockwise. Which direction am I facing now?
A. South-west B. South C. West D. North-West
17. After a get-together every person present shakes the hand of every other person. If there were 105 hands-shakes in all, how many persons were present in the party?
A. 15 B. 14 C. 13 D. 16
18. Four friends were playing a game of cards sitting in a circle. Shankar was right to Ram and Gopal was left to Arvind. Which one of the following pairs were partners?
A. Ram and Shankar B. Gopal and Shankar C. Ram and Arvind D. Gopal and Ram
19. A boy goes to see a film and finds a man who is his relative. The man is the husband of the sister of his mother. How is the man related to the boy?
A. Brother B. Nephew C. Uncle D. None of these
20. In a month of 31 days, the third Wednesday falls on the 15th. What will be the last day of that month?
A. Fifth Thursday B. Fifth Wednesday C. Fourth Sunday D. Fifth Friday
21.A class consists of 100 students, 25 of them are girls and 75 boys; 20 of them are rich and remaining poor; 40 of them are fair complexioned. The probability of selecting a fair complexioned rich girl is:
A. 0.05 B. 0.04 C. 0.02 D. 0.08
22. Ram walks 10M South from his house, turns left and walks 23M. Again turns left and walks 40M, then turns right and walks 5M to reach his school. In which direction is the school from his house?
A. East B. North-East C. South-West D. North
23. I stood ________ the bridge and watched the flowing water ___it and the sky ____.
A. on, under, above
B. across, under, at
C. through, under, above
D. on, down, above
24. Yesterday I heard ___ interesting story which is ___ best I have ever heard.
A. a, an
C. an, the
D. the, an
25. I saw _____ man walking along ___ road. He was not _____ ordinary man
C. the, a, an
D. a, the, an