Check out our written guide here:
1. It's illegal. Not only does it impact the economy but it's at least trademark infringement and in many countries, it's actually a criminal offense.
2. Eventually, it'll come out. A watch collector or expert will quickly be able to identify that your watch is a fake.
3. Your watches could be seized. Especially when you come through customs, your watches may be taken away from you and you may have other more serious consequences.
4. It can affect the innocent buyer. Most sellers are not honest enough to tell you that it's a counterfeit, fake, or replica watch. Even if the original buyer knows that it's a fake, if he resells it, the person might not be able to identify it.
5. Fake watches are for fake people. Basically, that's a slogan of the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie which is a watch consortium from Switzerland.
6. It's obvious to people who know watches.
7. You could lose your reputation. Let's say people found out that you have a fake, the way that people look at you will probably be very different.
8. It will not last. Replica watches are usually less expensive because they use inferior materials; the mechanics are not as good, and overall, it's much more likely to break.
9. Nobody's impressed by a fake. Most people who buy fake get them in the first place because they want a certain status that comes with a watch. The problem is, once you wear the watch, people will see that.
10. Replicas are a waste of money. It's not the real deal so you can't really resell it. Otherwise, you commit an illegal act of selling replica watches.
11. It will not keep accurate time. Most watch movements that are faked are not as accurate.
12. Replica watches are not usually water resistant.
13. A fake watch' strap or bracelet is even worse than the watch itself.
14. Fake watches damage the entire watch industry. When people end up with a relatively good fake, they assume it's the real deal but then it breaks prematurely and they think the brand actually sucks even though it was just a fake that broke.
15. Finally, you'll regret it. Even if you just spent 20 bucks or 50 bucks on that fake, over time, you'll notice that it's a fake.
Now, if you can't afford an expensive luxurious watch, that's no problem at all. There are a lot of different options to find a watch that looks good on you and doesn't make you look like a fake. For example, if you are on a small budget, take a look at our $100 watch guide which lists a lot of watches, all a hundred dollars.
If you have a little more money to spend on a watch, please take a look at our guide for $1000 watches or less.
A much more economical way to actually end up with an authentic watch that doesn't break the bank is to go vintage. Now that requires some skill, you need to understand what is actually the real deal and what is a fake. the best way to circumvent that is to buy from a trusted source and at the end of the day, you end up with a nice watch that cost a fraction of the retail price that is genuine, looks good, has some character, and make you look like a proper gentleman.
Personally, I'm not a huge wristwatch guy however, I like pocket watches. The big advantage is, pocket watches are a lot more unique than wrist watches and you can find a used 14 karat solid gold watch for about $500. Try to find that in a wristwatch. It's basically, impossible.
With all these options at your fingertips, there's really no reason to buy a fake or a replica watch.
#reasonsnottobuyafakewatch #replicawatch #notsponsored
Most Popular videos:
How to accept a compliment - https://youtu.be/_EKXNmM1PUo
101 things that change when you dress up - https://youtu.be/JyGDd_iYaCI
How to tie a Bow Tie - https://youtu.be/2I3cfa0BOOc
Want to stay updated? Sign up here for free:
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our channel!
FREE EBOOK: https://gentl.mn/2czVzYT